March 2, 2010

Dennis Gartman: The Euro Is Doomed And Technicians Saw It First


Dennis Gartman spoke to Hard Assets Investors recently and made some very bearish comments on the euro currency:

"For all intents, I think the euro is doomed. There were many who said they didn't think the euro would make it past the first important recession. Well, this is really the first important recession since the creation of the euro. And I've been surprised it has lasted as long as it has. Honestly, I think the euro is a doomed currency."

Dennis Gartman notes that the reversal was in November of last year, and that the technicians saw it first:

"I think the turning point was in late November of last year. That's when I think the market began to understand that there were problems coming. What was important was that the technicians saw it first. The euro broke its uptrend that had extended back for 18 or 20 months. Now we understand why it broke."

No comments: